Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Talk Eh Cheap - A Look At Your TSTT Phone Charges
Did you know that "our" local telephone company (TSTT) charges landlines for calls from a cell phone?
That may not be the only thing that you don’t know about "our” local telephone company. "Our” because according to the corporate documents, 51 percent of TSTT is owned by “our” government. The other 49 percent is owned by Cable and Wireless International.
Let’s examine the fees "we" charge ourselves but before we do I would like to share a forum post with you. An excerpt where the poster shared an experience while standing in line at a TSTT store, she relates:
“I remember entering a queue at a BMobile branch, to pay my telephone and cellular phone bills. I saw an old lady who spoke loudly but politely, when she was attended to by the BMobile cashier. She was querying about a cellular phone charge was on her land line telephone bill. She explained to the cashier that she never calls anyone on their cellular phone, only land line telephones.
The cashier quietly inquired if anyone contacted her from their cellular phone. She proudly confessed that, her son stays in touch with her, by calling her from his cellular phone. The cashier then confirmed that this was the charge reflected on her land line bill. Poor lady! She seemed so confused and my heart went out to her when I heard her say:
"TSTT charges for receiving cellular phone calls on a land line telephone? I thought TSTT only charged the client for calling a cellular phone and not receiving the call!"
You can read the rest of that post here.
The fact is that the telephone service TSTT has used it position of trust and the fact that we "own" the company to leverage it's profit generating potential at the expense of the citizens of this country.
When TSTT was the only cell phone carrier, their charges by today’s standards were astronomical.
Things may appear to have changed since then but even with a competitor in the cellular market TSTT is still charging ridiculous fees. We now have one in the land line the Flow Cable company and Digicel is the only competitor in the cellular market.
In the next couple of posts we will look at all three companies to assess which is the best of the limited options.
Let's start with the giant in terms of local phone companies. Below is a screen shot of the rate page of the TSTT site it is illegible but go here to see the actual page TSTT page.
Click here to read more...
Did You Know That Single Cigarette Should Only Be Sold In Wrappers Labeled: "SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO YOUR HEALTH" In...
Exotic Massage Parlors & Escort Services Meet Girls From Trinidad & Tobago - Link Below MAKE MONEY ON LINE START FREE ...
China's Expansionist Strategy Portends Economic Slavery For Future Caribbean Children SELL OTHER PEOPLE'S PRODUCTS - F...
How To Permanently Control The Growth Of Unwanted Hair Written for a client, Elite Electrolysis 7 Wart Removal Clinic, to promote her ha...